This recipe was made in partnership with
CCHP delivers high-quality, affordable healthcare through culturally competent and linguistically appropriate services to lớn the community since 1986.
Author Chef Tu David Phu
Cá Hấp Hành Gừng | Steamed Fish with Ginger & Scallion Recipe
Similar to lớn cooking eggs, the mastery of a cook can be measured on how they cook fish. Why? Fish is incredibly delicate. It requires precision cooking; high cooking temperatures with short cook times; low cooking temperatures with extended cook times. But no need to lớn worry. If you formulate the process and follow the procedure, you'll nail it every time. And this recipe is exactly that. FAIL-PROOF.
- Place the fish filets into a shallow, wide bowl.
- Season the fish filets with salt, pepper, and sesame oil on the flesh side.
- Garnish the fish filets with the sliced ginger matchsticks on the flesh side.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine water, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and rice vinegar - honey is optional.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the fish.
- Bring the steamer/pot to lớn a full boil.
- Place the fish into the steamer, skin side down - If you don't have a steamer, you can assemble a makeshift steamer that will work just as well. Use a large, wide and deep pan with a tight-fitting lid. Crumple a piece of foil into a coil. Then place it in the bottom of the pan. Fill the pan with 2-3 inches of water with a stalk of bruised lemongrass to lớn perfume the steaming water.
- Steam the fish for 10 minutes. Or until the fish is flakey, a sign that the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the steamer, and make sure to lớn protect your hands with a towel.
- Garnish the fish with sliced scallions, sliced carrots, and sliced red bell peppers.
- Heat a small saucepan with cooking oil over medium heat until it reaches 450 F. Or when small bubbles khuông when a wooden spoon is placed in the oil.
- Garnish the dish with hot oil.
- Serve with rice.
- Eat immediately.
Fish Health Benefits
Xem thêm: nho giáo có hạn chế nào sau đây
Fish offer tons of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2. Additionally, fish is a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. And should be consumed at least once a week.
The Myth of Frozen Asian Seafood
“Many believe that seafood loses much of its nutritional benefits when frozen. However, consumers should know that there are environmental impacts that stem from the “fresh is better” perspective. However, properly preserved frozen seafood is just as equal if not better to lớn the quality, taste, and nutrients of fresh seafood. Additionally, a fish flown from coast to lớn coast in the U.S. has a higher carbon footprint phàn nàn frozen seafood items transported via container ships from Asia.”
-Corey Peet, Co-Founder of Postelsia
Frozen Seafood is Accessible
The technology used to lớn freeze wild-caught seafood is better phàn nàn ever. It maintains fish freshness, eliminating the need to lớn expedite fresh fish to lớn beat spoilage. Often, fish are shipped via flight, which translates into higher energy and fuel consumption, ultimately driving up the costs of seafood in our markets. However, when fish is flashed frozen, its freshness is retained and sent via container ships. The low energy costs of such shipping methods are dollars saved for your pocket.
How to lớn Thaw Seafood.
Xem thêm: công thức tính công suất
- Take the frozen fish packet and place it on a tray in the refrigerator.
- Allow the fish to lớn thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- It should take 6-8 hours to lớn fully thaw.
- Remove fish from the package.
Note: DO NOT thaw by leaving out at room temperature. Or put under running water. It will destroy the quality of the fish.
TDP Enterprises, LLC
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @cheftudavidphu on instagram and hashtag it # cookingwithcheftu